American dictionary?

[rant]

I'm not really sure this is the right forum, but I'm a bit frustrated. Seems every board I register on, it asks about language. The drop-down invariably gives one choice: British English. Now, no offense intended to my Brit friends, but why isn't there ever a choice for American English. We've grown up enough, haven't we? It's just a PITA to continually add American spellings to my dictionary. On top of that, if I do misspell a word, my added choice is never in the word options.

[/rant]
I'm sorry for the frustration. However, Epic Words doesn't have a dictionary (British or American). Most web browsers have their own built-in dictionaries for spell-checking, so it hasn't been a priority for us to add a dictionary to the site. Is this a feature request?
Dunno. Maybe my OS is British? If I look around, I can probably install such a thing on my computer. It's a bit down the priority list, though. I'm pretty sure that when I signed up for the site, I was directed to select a language. Seems to be a commonality on all these forums. If you get time, check it out. If you get more time, maybe you can do something about it.

Thanks
Your OS, or your browser, is British, somehow.

I, in my turn, get very fed up when my only option is American English which, offensively to us English, is often just labelled "English".

Never once seen a website which had a drop down for British English as a choice when you arrived at it though. If you contact me privately I'll happily try to help you figure out which browser setting is inflicting this nuisance on you.
Thanks for your help, John!
Very well written post and very helpful to me. I wanted to read more posts like this great.
gun mayhem 2