Reference Tags

Pointer-left Elderscrolllogo_thumb
Jim
First off, great job on creating a very useful site. I have managed my own campaign sites for many years. The tools you offer, however, are making me rethink my efforts would be better spent here. $12 a year is also attractive.

Reference Tags

I have Holden Grove - a town
I have Holden - a historic figure

Do I need to rename Holden Grove to Holdengrove so as to be able to use the reference wiki tag effectively? What I am finding is that as soon as I define Holden, that supersedes Holden Grove, obviously.
Thanks! We're glad you like the site.

The issue with reference tags that you mention is one we've known about for a while. The fix is to sort the tag names by length and replace the longest ones first. Unfortunately, this will introduce some extra processing that may effect performance. We've recently added some other fixes that might address this drawback, though. Expect to see this implemented soon.

In the mean time, there is a "hack" that might get you around this problem. You can change the main keyword for "Holden" to "zHolden", then add an alternate keyword of "Holden". We search for reference tags in order of their main keywords. This way, "Holden Grove" would be found first, and replaced with a link to the "Holden Grove" town reference. Then, any occurances of "Holden" left over will be found and replaced with links to "Holden", the historic figure.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't work for you!
Jim
Well, that worked. It took me several readings of the above to understand why it worked but I think I got it now.

zHolden is a keyword which it didn't find first so went to alternates but in the meantime the phrase Holden Grove is a keyword/phrase so it did find that correctly. Nice.
Glad that worked for you. As I said, there are plans to make it so this hack won't be necessary... I post here when that's updated.
FIXED
The aforementioned hack should no longer be necessary. The way it works now: references that are a sub-string of other references take lower priority.

NOTE: Blog posts and wikis and such are cached. The links to references won't be fixed unless a change is made to either the post in question or a reference tag is added/updated.
Jim
I just tested this and it works great! And thanks for mentioning that you need to update a post.
Go and visit sextreffen niedersachsen for a best sexy chat on the whole web