Merchant loot upload?

← Previous 1
I created a merchant and wanted to add some of the item he's selling, and i saw the "upload loot" option. How can i create one, with all the items and prices?
If you click the upload loot button, there will be a link that allows you to download a .csv template file. You can then open that in a word processor or spreadsheet, add rows for your items, save it back out as a .csv file, then upload it. If you edit it in a word processor, each field should be separated by a comma and any multi-word field should be surrounded in single quotes (') just to be safe. I usually use a spreadsheet. If you need a free one, use LibreOffice.

Make sure that the type is exactly as it would appear in the item drop-down menu or it comes up as 'other'. Also, have your alternate flags defined before you start uploading. A flag gets a 1 in the field if it is selected and a 0 if it is not.

Try out a few items first and make sure you got the hang of it before editing a long file and uploading it. If there's a mistake, you'll have a partially uploaded file that you'll need to fiddle with in order to get the rest done. And uploading in smaller chunks is always best.
Epic!
Thank you for the quick reply! I'm gonna give it a try soon and if i have any other question i'll get back to you!
What good is this whole 'merchant' thing? It would be cool if there was some way to add items directly from a merchant to a PC... make it work like a shop.
Blackfoot
What good is this whole 'merchant' thing? It would be cool if there was some way to add items directly from a merchant to a PC... make it work like a shop.

Originally I thought that was how it would work as well. Unfortunately it does not. It doesn't even let you add them as an NPC that can have loot assigned to them and then reassign the items to another character on the loot page. Oh well, maybe some day.
Kevin
Blackfoot

Originally I thought that was how it would work as well. Unfortunately it does not. It doesn't even let you add them as an NPC that can have loot assigned to them and then reassign the items to another character on the loot page. Oh well, maybe some day.

It does work. You have to first go into the campaign options and set it to allow players to manage their own loot. Then they can purchase items directly from merchants. It's quite wonderful, actually.
Hmm... I'll have to check that option out.
I thought I did have it set that way.
There are several steps.

1st, check the campaign settings option I mentioned.
2nd, go to Loot:Catalogs and click New Catalog and create one.
3rd, go to a catalog and Upload loot or Add item.
4th, go to Loot:Merchants and click New Merchant.
5th, create your merchant NPC.
6th, go to a merchant and "Add items to this merchant's inventory from:" your selected catalog.

Now, anyone can go to the merchant, view his or her inventory and make purchases. The money will be deducted from a PC's cash on hand and his or her inventory will be updated.

Wait.. I see the issue. The GM can't see this stuff. Only players can.
Blackfoot
Wait.. I see the issue. The GM can't see this stuff. Only players can.

I've only seen it from the GM side as well. Any chance to get the ability for a GM to use vendors as a player for their NPCs that track loot?
← Previous 1