*** Good News for EpicWords!! ***

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hey guys...

So, I researched the contact info for our elusive admin and wrote to Jonathan on behalf of our membership. Happy to say that he wrote me back within hours with some very promising insight and a renewed commitment to EpicWords.com.

I explained the predicament of members trying to renew Epic Supporter status and the difficulties with Paypal. His response was direct and pretty humble. A very old friend of mine used to say, "Sometimes life gets in the way of living." Our admin is coming out the other side of some heavy work and personal issues, and is ready to refocus a renewed commitment to the site:

Jonathan - EpicWords Admin
I have set this time aside specifically to focus on EpicWord. To address users' concerns, to upgrade the software and to lay the groundwork for new features and enhancements. Tomorrow is my last day at this job. So expect an announcement on Wednesday that will outline my plans and for work to begin.

So hang tight, folks...the road ahead is looking great for our community and it's home here at EpicWords!

All the best!
Brett
Epic × 3!
Yay! Happy to hear it. I have to admit I stalked him a little as well, but I didn't follow through with contacting him. :)
Epic × 2!
I'm glad the mystery is over. Here's to the future EpicWords!
Brett

As a small merchant myself I might suggest that he look into Square Market place instead of PayPal. Square recently has added some nice online options, ability to add items for online sale, to directly compete with PayPal.
Mark
Brett

As a small merchant myself I might suggest that he look into Square Market place instead of PayPal. Square recently has added some nice online options, ability to add items for online sale, to directly compete with PayPal.

Great suggestion. We'll make sure to get this in front of him.

All the best,
Brett
woo!
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Today is the start of my break from the day job. My goal, as stated, is to make some long needed upgrades and most importantly to get the paypal features back to a working state.
This process will require some significant system upgrades and may result in some temporary instability in the site. If the site needs to come down for a significant period of time, I will try to warn everyone beforehand, but with these kinds of upgrades, sometimes the streams get crossed and everything fall over unexpectedly. So, for the near future, please save your work frequently!! You may even consider writing up long posts on your computers and saving to a text file before uploading them to EW. I would hate for someone to spend three hours on a session writeup only to lose all that work because EW was down when they hit 'submit'.
Hopefully, by this time next week, the site will be in a state that will be more maintainable. I even hope to open up development to any of our users who know or want to learn Ruby On Rails to assist with bug fixes and feature development.
Again, thank you for your patience and support! My next job promises to be less time consuming and stressful. I really want to get back into the habit of supporting the site like I used to.
Epic × 5!
We got yer back!
Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work, Admin!

I have a programming background and would be happy to help, but I need to learn Ruby on Rails. I used it briefly over 5 years ago, so I'm sure it is much different today.

I'm not sure how much time I could commit, but let me know what I can do.
Thanks! I'm hoping that any assistance won't require any serious time commitments.
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12