*** Good News for EpicWords!! ***

Update: I contacted the admin and explained the state of things. He explained that life has been hectic over the holidays (yep) and that he's working on a plan to address all the concerns. He's planning on extending benefits until the PayPal situation gets remedied, as well as looking into alternate payment systems. (Amazon etc)

Hang in there, folks. Epic Words is a ship with a one-man crew. Though the bulkhead might have a few leaks and squeaky gears, the journey is well worth it!

Happy New Year!
Brett
Epic!
Pointer-left Wzk70740-2_500_thumb
Tom
I really dig Epic Words. I hope he resolves some of the issues. I'd love to send some money his way eventually.

The bigger question is how long Epic Words can go on this way. I've looked at Obsidian Portal and it's slick but missing some of the things I love, like the XP tracking. Has the admin ever shared any of the economics involved? How many subscribers are here? I can't if it's 10 or 1,000.

I'm not sure where most people are on the cost since I've just arrived but I'd pay more than $12/year for this. He definitely doesn't need to be this much cheaper than Obsidian Portal since he's got a better feature set. Whenever he gets this fixed I'm in for $35 or $40, although I can do everything I need with the free account.
Yeah, I can do most of my stuff with free account but I want to support him and the site. Even with some of the recent glitches from backend upgrade, it's still works pretty well. I'm not sure what the issue is with Paypal. A long time ago I use to do a lot of 3rd party integration for a major web retailer, including paypal. I don't recall it being too difficult since all the work is done at paypal and they just send confirmation to originator.
Epic!
Pointer-left Wzk70740-2_500_thumb
Tom
I gave the account upgrade a shot today and it passed 0.12 to Paypal, not $12.
Tom
He definitely doesn't need to be this much cheaper than Obsidian Portal since he's got a better feature set. Whenever he gets this fixed I'm in for $35 or $40, although I can do everything I need with the free account.

I just wanted to second this. I recently started planning a new campaign and decided to try out Obsidian Portal since they just did that big update. I set up a trial account with Obsidian Portal and started entering info. However, I quickly realized that I liked Epic Words interface much better. Moreover, the feature set on Epic Words (automatic linking, pre-set NPC format, etc.) works great for me and doesn't require me to figure out how to make it all work like Obsidian Portal does. So, I canceled the account and started my campaign here.
I just upgraded my account, using Chrome and an existing paypal account. Worked just fine.

To see the status change, I did have to refresh the account page when I returned from paypal - I guess the processing took a moment - but everything went through ok.
Still not working from germany. All i get is a message that says: "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to and try another option." I do not have some other option than klicking on the "upgrade your account" button.
By now i would love to hear a few words for us from the owner of this site.
Just fired up a new (fourth) campaign on Epic Words. I too went over and gave Obsidian Portal a shot, since they were doing some big upgrades over there, seems to be alot going on there. And wow. It's missing so many features. Seems to me that it's really just a big wiki aggregator. You've got to do it all yourself if you want to do the cool stuff. I really think this site owner is missing an opportunity here. By getting things fixed, slightly prettified, and raising the price a bit, he could really put Obsidian Portal out of business. Sadly, it looks like it may never happen. I'll still be here and ready to pay more money though.
I would like nothing more than to throw money at this site and get my epic supporter status reinstated.

I will happily pay for it, the site just refuses to let me. :)
Thanks for everyone's patience. We're looking into adding payments through Amazon to the site.