What happens when I retire a character?

← Previous 1
I am a GM, but I have created a few NPCs as actual characters and joined my own campaign. This allows me to track XP and loot for NPCs that will be adventuring with the party for a season.

However, one of these NPCs is leaving the party. I want to know what will happen when I click "retire". What happens to the character's loot, XP, and journal entries?

What happens if I create an NPC reference with the same name as a retired character?
You lose nothing, all the Xp, loot, gold, are still there. You can't assign anything new to him, but you can take anything you might need. Yes, you can also create a new character or NPC by the same name, but you can't tell who is who when you assign loot or XP.

You can do what i did, make the same character, give him a slightly different name(the old one has just the first name, the second one has both) and you can go on as usual.

If you ever need anything from the old, retired character, just click on the "show retired characters" option under the names of the active ones.
Nikos is correct. Also, after 30 days you can bring a character back out of retirement as long as you're under you max character limit.
Retirement is mainly meant to allow you to create a new character if you're at your limit. Retired character do not count against your max character limit.
If something goes wrong and you need to unretire a character early, you can always send me a PM.
Thanks, both.

One other question, if I were to become an epic supporter, what is the character limit?
15 characters
Also, the same applies to retired campaigns, they do not count against your 1 campaign limit.
This seems to work great, with one little exception. On the Loot page, the gear values of hidden/retired characters are still added to the totals row, which strikes me as odd. Nor sure if that's a bug or a feature, but I'm not a fan.

I realize, you are busy with the server switch, but I figured I'd at least give you a heads up. Thanks for all the hard work. I love this site!
True, and i'm guessing bug. Either way, i find it easier for me to check the individual total value, than the party's.

Also, don't forget that you can still take money and equipment out of them, either to give to other characters or to sell, so maybe it's better to know the total value after all.

But i believe this is a matter of taste in the end.
And yes, it would be more accurate to not show them in the total.
Hmmm. That's a good point. I would agree that this is probably a bug. A minor one, but it should still be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!
That's what the forums are for! :P
← Previous 1