Computers around the gaming table

1 3 Next →
I rock the D&D4e combat tracker and keep the Compendium up and running while going through my game.

Once the VT goes live, I'll probably use that for my map-creation and maybe some encounter planning (depends on what level of integration the VT has).

I also run itunes for music. I setup a playlist of varied music and asked the players to pick a theme song for their character (got this from the WotC website). If their song comes up during their turn in combat, they get a free action point they can spend.
Ktulu
I rock the D&D4e combat tracker and keep the Compendium up and running while going through my game.

Once the VT goes live, I'll probably use that for my map-creation and maybe some encounter planning (depends on what level of integration the VT has).

I also run itunes for music. I setup a playlist of varied music and asked the players to pick a theme song for their character (got this from the WotC website). If their song comes up during their turn in combat, they get a free action point they can spend.

I really like the idea about shuffling songs and give the theme according the character an action point. That is a genius idea. :) Will keep that in mind.

Also VT is in beta now so hopefully it will become available before the summer heat rolls.
I don't use a computer, but most of the actual players in my current game have the pdfs of the Pathfinder books on their computer on at all time, either on a laptop or a tablet. It usually isn't a problem because they close them during the game unless they have to look something up. As for me, I have a Pathfinder Toolkit app on my mobile that helps me keep track of initative and remember character names and important info.
I guess I'm old fashioned. I feel that computers around the table take away from the experience.
Epic!
Lydia
I don't use a computer, but most of the actual players in my current game have the pdfs of the Pathfinder books on their computer on at all time, either on a laptop or a tablet. It usually isn't a problem because they close them during the game unless they have to look something up. As for me, I have a Pathfinder Toolkit app on my mobile that helps me keep track of initative and remember character names and important info.

Lydia uses NECRO TWO-YEAR OLD THREAD.

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!
For our home brew system, EpicWords is an amazing tool for organization, support and keeping the narrative active between game sessions. I'm based in Hawaii with my players in Washington, Rhode Island, Hawaii Island and one more here. We connect through Google Hangout and use a fantastic collaborative whiteboard called Twiddla. It's browser based, smooth and even has a great die roller built in. Just type the quantity+d type ain the chat window and it spits out the result. Smooth and no fuss.

We're more old school tabletop, so some of the other systems like roll20 are just too much for us.
More necro here. Now that Epic is perhaps coming back to life? I prefer no computers at the table but I'm ok with an ipad or two simply as PDF viewers so fewer copies of rules are necessary. We also have one guy who manages the music and plays songs that are based on what's happening. Last night we met an Ogrillon named Lump who had lost his pet rat and he played "She's Lump" But the Presidents of the USA. Everyone had a good laugh.
Epic!
1 3 Next →