Here's some custom CSS for Epic Words

← Previous 1 2 Next →
Unfortunately, we fell away from Epic Words for the last year or so. Partially due to the quasi abandoned state of things and partially because we entered in earnest in the the D&D Next Playtest. This meant that we were changing rules, characters and such frequently to assess the newly released playtest documents. It made campaign continuity an afterthought. Once we tired of this, and the playtest came to a close, we finalized our ruleset and maintained character continuity. After a few months of this, we started to realize a campaign was truly taking shape at which point we started looking to an onliny manager. A player got a free trial for the new Obsidian Portal and we looked into that. Finding too many missing features, we came back to Epic Words. This means those 3 posts are all there are at this point. The full time use of Epic Words really only came online in the past 2 weeks. Hopefully if we can get things working to our satisfaction, there will be more content and participation to follow.
As to your side questions, yes, we stock with 3.5FR because A) that's what my players were most familiar with (our 4E campaign took place in the Points of Light setting Nentir Vale so we have little experience with 4E FR) and the one serious FR fan while not sent into a crazed panic by the spellplague, preferred the pre plague realms. As a group we had access to much more setting material in the 3.5 era.

And yes, I did set up a scavenger hunt/quest for one of my players IRL. He was unable to make it to the game night (births and deaths in the family), several sessions in the last couple of months and he was very much missing it. So I wanted to give him a way to participate as well as maintain some level of XP parity with the group. I got on google earth and scoured the places he was going for landmarks, restaurants and things for him to find and do. In the meantime, we created a table to roll on so his spirit could influence things at the game table in his absence. It actually worked out really well.
Epic × 2!
Watching him in real life do the things and then tell us about the experience through the eyes of his character was awesome!
I know, it was totally great. Now, if I could just edit the darned quests so as to attach his photos and stuff easier, it would be even better!
← Previous 1 2 Next →