Epic Collaborative Storytelling Thread

← Previous 1 2 Next →
OOC: Who stammered? Joseph or the Dwarf prince?
OOC: Grammatically, it should be the Dwarf Prince, but contextually, I think it's Joseph.
OOC: HEH! WHOOPS! FIXED! :D
Qui-Lan tried to maintain his composure amidst his shock and confusion at the unholy symbol. Was she even aware of its existence? Perhaps it was only a tattoo she had agreed to receive with her friends. What a ridiculous idea! There was no denying it was the mark. He had hoped to never see it again.

While he pondered this nervously, Relinda readjusted her hair, letting it fall behind her shoulders, concealing the foreboding symbol on her fair skin. She was seemingly unaware of anything amiss, beyond the strange ordeal with the mirror she had just suffered. "I will be fine, nurse mage," she said. "Daddy does not need to know about this."

"You were saying," replied Qui-Lan, "that it was different this time. What was different about it? It is important for me to know, if I am to continue to protect you."
Epic!
OOC: Anyone?
OOC: sad to see this die...
Relinda picked up her brush again, nervously grooming her hair while quietly staring at the reflection in the mirror of her nurse-mage standing behind her. Qui-Lan stood there, wringing his hands. He had practically raised her, along with numerous other attendants and teachers, father rarely having had even a moment for his second daughter. Qui-Lan, while a bit daft, was endearing, and Relinda felt quite connected to the old man, latest in a long line of nurse-mages, loyal to the duchy of Elethor. Well, loyal save for Qui-Lan's father, but then, that was a messy business best left hidden and unspoken of, lest further ill luck befall the Duke or his mercantile interests...

But that was neither here nor there for Relinda. She set her brush down, fiddling with the necklace she had surreptitiously hidden in her pocket, before putting it around her neck. "Qui-Lan, be a dear and help me fasten this. I was saying, it is different this time because....because..." She paused, slightly surprised at her own hesitancy to trust the nurse-mage with such knowledge. Would he recognize those red runic characters if she described them? And if so, would he notice that fastened to the front of her necklace, passed down through her family from mother to daughter for generations, was a series of runes, which had also glowed red simultaneously with those viewed in her mirror.

"I was saying Qui-Lan, that it is different because this time I didn't just see it in my dreams. It was here, right in front of mine own eyes..." She furrowed her brows, frowning.

"Qui-Lan, what do you know of the Order of the Red Jackal?"

She watched his reflection in the mirror as the old man's eyebrows raised precipitously...
Epic!
← Previous 1 2 Next →