Is anyone running Epic Words anymore?

← Previous 1
Pointer-left Paladintb_thumb
Tom
Epic Words seems to have a lot of little problems. The biggest one I have is my players seem to have a hard time signing up because they never get the confirmation email (yes, we've checked the junk filters).

I've tried requesting help several times from a few different directions and no one has ever responded. Also, there seems to be basically little to no activity on the forums. The last post before mine seems to have been 24 days ago.

What gives?
This is a sad and frustrating recurring problem here. The admin will be present for several weeks and do a lot of great work on the site; then he will vanish for months at a time. If it is too much work for him, I wish he would pass it off to someone else, as this site has so much potential.

As far as activity, I think there is still a large amount of activity here, if not on the public forums. I know how to work around most of the bugs I encounter, and the journal, loot, XP-tracking, shops, calendar, wiki, and other features are exceptional tools without which our campaign would not function as smoothly.

None of my players have had issues signing up to my knowledge. That's odd that you are having this issue. Do you mean signing up for EpicWords? or joining your campaigns?
Tom
Signing up for Epic Words. Some have tried many times and never receive a confirmation email. Even took me a couple of times.

And I completely agree with you about the site. I love a Epic Words. It's a great place to run a campaign from and the price is very fair for a GM.
Click on resend confirmation email link and then you will get it.
Tom
We've tried that several times.
Yeah I have tried to become a supporter but it only tries to charge me 12 cents. Kinda sad when one cannot even donate to the site...
Aloha from Hawaii, guys..

I got a hold of the Admin a few days ago. His life is in a bit of a tailspin right now. He reassured me that he is still very much committed to the site and that he will get back onboard soon to address your/our mounting concerns. In the meantime, I will keep in touch and stay on top of the situation.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry for the frustration. Hang in there a bit longer.

Happy Holidays!
Brett
Epic × 4!
I can't get polls to work anymore.

As for the rest, love the site and want to support it! Hopeful the Admin will get to a better place and back on board.
Brett
Aloha from Hawaii, guys..

I got a hold of the Admin a few days ago. His life is in a bit of a tailspin right now. He reassured me that he is still very much committed to the site and that he will get back onboard soon to address your/our mounting concerns. In the meantime, I will keep in touch and stay on top of the situation.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry for the frustration. Hang in there a bit longer.

Happy Holidays!
Brett

I get it. Life gets in the way. Some of us have offered to help keep the lights on, but to my knowledge none of these offers have been accepted to date.

For those new here, this has been an issue for a few years now.

The unfortunate truth is that this site is still better than the alternatives out there even with the lack of updates and admin support. It's only unfortunate because with some care and feeding this little site could be so much more.

Keep beating the drum, Brett. :)
Epic × 2!
Doing what I can. Hang in there.

All the best,
Brett
Epic!
← Previous 1