Dice Roller

well, you can easily hack the diceroller to suit your needs. For example:
[ ROLL:6:2:1:0 ] produces 2d6 => [5, 1] = 6
and
[ ROLL:12:2:1:0 ] produces 2d12 => [8, 6] = 14
So, if I want to roll 2d17 dice, I just have to modify the roller thusly:
[ ROLL:17:2:1:0 ] to produce 2d17 => [14, 9] = 23
For the generic roller, the first number is the die type, the second is the quantity, the third is the multiplier, and the last number is added to the total ( use a '-' to subtract).
Dice Rolls => Results = Total
2d6 => [5, 1] = 6
2d12 => [8, 6] = 14
2d17 => [14, 9] = 23
I am not sure how I missed it but we have WOD dice now!

Must have been Thanksgiving, Christmas and News Years interrupting my gaming schedule. What with that?

Must play with the WOD dice, be back soon.

Thanks

Admin
OK... Nevermind my comment about "Edge" before. That was leftover from the Shadowrun dice implementation. I should have this working now. All you need to do is select the dice pool size (0-20), 10/9/8-again (add dice for each X or higher), and select whether 1s subtract the number of hits. Results of 8 or better are considered a 'hit'.
[ ROLL:wd:3:10:o] Produces:
3d10 => [2, 6, 9] => 1 success

Can we program certain dice roll formulas, so as to trigger them more easily? The example I'm thinking of is of 4e knowledge checks: all the characters in the party roll dungeoneering to see what they know about this strange new phenomenon stuck to the dungeon ceiling. By pre-programming everyone's knowledge check into "Dungeon Knowledge" we can trigger 5 roll results showing each character's roll with that one command.

Is this an implementable feature? Or is it too much work?
That might be do-able. It would not be a trivial amount of work, though. I'd have to store the formulae for each campaign and then inject it intelligibly into the normal dice roller UI... Depending on the complexity, it might not be too bad. I would need to think about it somewhat, but I like the idea.
Putting my coding hat on here.

Game specific rolls would probably be a good feature of custom character sheets, not the general dice roller.

Apologies if I missed this (I didn't read the last 6 pages), but is there a reason other than validation that the dice roller doesn't just take free form numbers?

What would actually be really awesome would be custom expressions like the MapTool die roller « 1d10+2d6+4 = 5 + 8 + 4 = 17 »

For the custom character sheet angle it could then support things like « 1d10+2d6+Dex = 5 + 8 + 4 = 17 »
The only problem I can see with using variables from the character sheet is that people can change their Dex ability for the roll and then change it back. If the DM is busy, he may miss it. Otherwise the character sheet would need a locking feature that unlocks when the DM allows or is tied to the level up(I would suggest this be a option the DM can control).
test
[ ROLL:<20>:<1>:<1>:<10>]
Pointer-left Elderscrolllogo_thumb
Jim
I'm using Epic Words to run a Talislanta game.

Currently you can add and subract modifiers from -10 to +20.

I could really use this more if the roll modifiers went from -20 to +20.

I'm unfamiliar with exploding dice. But based on what I'm reading in this thread, I want to know more about it. :)
Jim
I'm using Epic Words to run a Talislanta game.

Currently you can add and subract modifiers from -10 to +20.

I could really use this more if the roll modifiers went from -20 to +20.

Are you sure you can't add any number to the roll?
3d6 - 50 => [2, 3, 5] = -40
You might have to type it manually.. but that's easier anyway.
[ roll : 6 : 3 : 1 : -50 ]
Dice Rolls => Results = Total
3d6 - 50 => [2, 3, 5] = -40