Dashboard Layout

← Previous 1
At the moment the Dashboard seems geared towards people new to the campaign, that is, strangers who might browse to it. My players don't really need to know that they are playing dungeons and dragons 4e in the FR campaign setting every time they visit that campaign's dashboard.
I think the default layout should change to put the "Recent Activity" (latest forum post, latest wiki update etc) up the top right in plain view of players visiting the page, while the rule system and campaign setting, and the little icon/blurb showing who GMs this campaign- all these things should take a back seat.

I think the "Characters listing" can hang around, after wiki/forum/quest updates, and the campaign blurb is sweet... but otherwise things that see daily updates need some prime screen-real-estate on the dash.
Also, I think the new Quests feature should have a space on this updated dashboard page. At the moment it's a few links away from being user friendly, and I believe my players should be using it as much as forums and journal.
Loot, xp, wikis and references are pretty much DM purview really.. unless you have some proactive little players! But quests are central to the characters and players thoughts in the game, moreso than npcs, locations, even loot.. most of the time.
I would second the new quests for front page or dash board.
Agreed!
Possible even more important on the dash board the quests would be upcoming calendar events. Maybe the next calendar event or text that says no current events.

Regards
The next session is actually on the dashboard. It appears between the GM and the characters list on the right side. It only appears if there is some upcoming session. The rationale for that being that if the campaign isn't using the calendar feature, then I didn't want to clutter up the page with unused info.
Great you rock!
One more quick question, I was also referring to the gaming group. I have a session scheduled for gaming group I was not sure if this was the same. Sorry I meant both groups and campaigns for the events.
That's a good question. I may not have placed that on the GG dashboard!
The campaign dashboard has changed again. Due to popular demand, the campaign description has been moved back to the top of the dashboard. There is new field called "Detailed Description". This is a continuation of the campaign description, but this content is hidden from members of the campaign (so as not to clutter their view of more dynamic stuff). Visitors to your campaign will see the Description and Detailed Description as one continuous block at the top of the dashboard.
← Previous 1