Dice Roller?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
I see there is a dice roller being discussed for development.

Is there currently no dice rolling command here?
I believe it's for the paid subscribers, if I remember the update correctly.
This is correct. It's a paid feature, and just attached to the campaign journal (for the moment).
It sounds like you are working to add in into the forums as well? It would be great if you are.
Indeed. As well as PMs and (don't quote me on this yet) the campaign itself (perhaps as a separate tab)
Two notes.

It would be nice to be able to make rolls and have players only see the total result (as opposed to the modifier and the roll itself).

When I quoted a post in the forum today, the quoted text contained the tag d20 + 6 => [9] = 15 . This tag was not converted into the roll result, but remained a tag. This doesn't seem to be the expected behavior.

1. Since the roll is broken down below the post, I have been considering only showing the result in the actual post.
  2. This is currently intentional. This was to prevent players from posting rolls that aren't generated when the post is originally created. Again, since the results are fully displayed below the post, maybe I should just highlight the result differently or some other indicator that it's not original to the post.

1. That would help me.

2. If the rolls are displayed publicly beneath (or next to) the post, I would just swap the tag for the roll in plain text, and avoid any further headaches. We can always check that it coincides with the roll below it. On the other hand, this would disrupt your solution for 1. On the other hand, you could just add a checkbox to conceal the roll details.

In general, and especially if you implement my suggestion above, it would be nice to annotate each roll, so users can mark what the roll is for, such as perception, cunning, linguist, or what have you. If you implement
It may be easy enough to hide the roll details like you've suggested, and show them in mouse-over text. Also, I like the idea of annotation... I'll have to think about that.
Epic!
I am not as familiar with the working of the dice but my question is this. If you hide the details can the players make a roll with improper modifiers or illegal modifiers without us / GM / other players knowing.

Also I do a lot of my posting from my iPad/smartphone not in favor of mouse over to show something.

Thanks for listening.
Epic!
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6