House Rule: Spontaneous Healing

After some reflection, I am going to allow spontaneous healing for clerics. This means that clerics can spontaneously turn any prepared spell into a healing spell of the same level. For example, if Oswin has prepared "Sticks to Snakes," a 4th spell, he could instead cast "Cure Serious Wounds" in its place, effectively turning "Sticks to Snakes" into a healing spell. The cleric's abilities seem limited compared to the other classes, and I think one of the reasons is that the already narrow spell selection is further limited by the need to prepare healing spells.

I think we will leave the druid as is. My reason for this is that the druid has unique abilities, such as the ability to transform into animals, which put it on par with the other classes. The cleric, on the other hand, just needs something else, and I like how this rule distinguishes it as a healer while freeing it up to do other things.

Any thoughts, or problems that I haven't anticipated?
I was going to have this as a house rule when it's my turn for the reasons you mentioned. I think it makes sense because there are cool spells I just don't prepare because we might need healing instead.
And hopefully all the monsters won't be dead by the time you have a chance to use them. ;)