Pre-Chapter 6: Valtyra's Downtime

Pointer-left Dice-d20-wallpaper_thumb
Dan
This is the thread to handle downtime activity for Valtyra.

You can find all the downtime activities available for review here.

You have 61 days available for downtime.

Recommended Actions:
  • Catch up on experience. (CR15=51200, thus needs 1 day)
  • Earn capital by various means of medicinal work.
  • Research and scry on Nualia to learn of her whereabouts and recent developments.
  • Gather information regarding Xin-Shalast and Mhar Massif.
  • Retrain using goods, influence, labor, or magic costs.
  • Build a building for use of starting a store, guild, etc.

You have the current available capital in Sandpoint:
Goods: 30
Influence: 100
Labor: 40
Magic: 30

+The use of skills for skilled work depend on the skill, and what you intend to achieve with said skill.
+If using Magic to have a magic item crafted, 1 unit of magic is equivalent to 100gp.
+Sandpoint is a small town, and thus will have a daily spending limit of 15.
We'll take a day to quick catch up on experience.
The next 7 days retraining one level of gunslinger into one oracle.
Day 9 will be researching melsalesh. Starting in Sandpoint asking Brodert for any info he may have. 2 other days will be set aside to accompany anyone going to Jorgenfist to do research there.
Another day will be for travelling to Magnimar to see if there's anyone there with info. maybe a day 2 for additional research and shopping?
Another 2 days offering my healing services within sandpoint.
I'll use a day to talk to some craftsmen in Sandpoint planning out the building of a Barracks.
Barracks
Create 80 Goods, 18 Influence, 73 Labor, 1 Magic (3,700 gp)
Rooms 2 Armories, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bunks, 1 Common Room, 1 Dojo, 1 Guard Post, 1 Infirmary, 1 Kitchen, 1 Lavatory, 1 Office, 1 Storage
A building to house guards, militias, or other military forces.

32,20,48,16,20,20,16,12,4,8,8=204 days.
Too long, lets see if possible in 25 days? 204/25=8.16x3700=30192gp. 30? 204/30=6.8x3700=25160. better, but 35? 204/35=5.82857143x3700=21565.71. great!
So we'll contract out construction guys to get a barracks built in 35 days.
I'll spend 5 days recruiting followers in sandpoint and magnimar.
And 5 days open for leeway and rest/relaxation.

61-1-7-1-2-2-2-1-35-5-5=0
This is open to modification as necessary.
Dan
Eucleides
We'll take a day to quick catch up on experience.

You train with the locals, joining them on a quick trip to the local graveyard to the north. Some minor undead are discovered, and dispatched easily. You and the abbots you journeyed with to here bless the gravesite and return to Sandpoint in the evening.

Eucleides
The next 7 days retraining one level of gunslinger into one oracle.

You train reguriously for a week in the divine manners. You may not understand what drives your divine power, but you are able to hone it further. You lose one class in gunslinger, and obtain 1 level in oracle.

Eucleides
Day 9 will be researching melsalesh. Starting in Sandpoint asking Brodert for any info he may have.

Brodert looks confused, "Melsa...lesh? I've never heard of that location. Are you sure you're thinking of the correct place?"

Eucleides
2 other days will be set aside to accompany anyone going to Jorgenfist to do research there.

Eucleides
Another day will be for travelling to Magnimar to see if there's anyone there with info. maybe a day 2 for additional research and shopping?

You ask around at various places, and no-one is familiar with a "Melsalesh". Some refer you back to Brodert, as he is a well known Thassilionian researcher.

Eucleides
Another 2 days offering my healing services within Sandpoint.

You have the ability to earn capital from this event. If you would like, please roll skilled work checks for this to generate a type of capital based on what you wish to roll.

Eucleides
I'll use a day to talk to some craftsmen in Sandpoint planning out the building of a Barracks.
Barracks
Create 80 Goods, 18 Influence, 73 Labor, 1 Magic (3,700 gp)
Rooms 2 Armories, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bunks, 1 Common Room, 1 Dojo, 1 Guard Post, 1 Infirmary, 1 Kitchen, 1 Lavatory, 1 Office, 1 Storage
A building to house guards, militias, or other military forces.

Putting the math in a spoiler, because I think there is a different way this is to be handled. You specifically increase the number of labor points spent to shorten the build time, and even then, there are likely limitations.

Firstly, there is the spending limit in each settlement. Just because you have buckets full of gold doesn't mean there are endless amounts of people available to help. Sandpoint is a small town, and thus has a spending limit of 15. Meaning if you intend to do this in the time you're thinking, you'll need to find some alternative methods to complete this. I'll make some suggestions here in a bit.

Secondly, the wording of the time reduction states that you can only divide by up to 4. After asking around a bit, I kinda agree that anything higher than that creates a problem of "too many cooks in the kitchen", and thus doesn't really help your process.

So, how do we approach this? What if I revealed to you the knowledge of the Lyre of Building. This item, if used properly, can VASTLY improve your build time, going from 204 days to literally 1.5 hours if you roll correctly. I'm not kidding. You just need someone to play the lyre correctly, and Fantasia style magic begins to work on construction. Doing this method will negate the need for any labor cost, but you will still need to supply the proper amount of other capital costs, whether purchased or earned.

Eucleides
I'll spend 5 days recruiting followers in sandpoint and magnimar.
And 5 days open for leeway and rest/relaxation.

What kind of followers are you looking for?

Previous day math omitted due to potential massive change in actions.

As a reminder, aside from the above, we also discussed much more about retraining feats, spells, and class features. Also, the Tome of Leadership and Influence, wherever that ran off to.

Brodert
Brodert looks confused, "Melsa...lesh? I've never heard of that location. Are you sure you're thinking of the correct place?"

Valtyra checks the notes and journals found in the Runeforge.
"OH, no, 'Xin Shelast' and/or 'Mhar Massif'. I was mix-mashing them, and some."

A contractor says that since i want the barracks in such a short time, perhaps a magical item would be better. Supposedly a Lyre of Building might do the trick.
Valtyra wanders Magnimar looking for said item. Even checks the black market.
She also keeps an eye out for any musicians capable of performing with the Lyre.
Should she not find it in markets, she'll look into commissioning the item.

What kind of followers are you looking for?

I think we decided to go with looking at teams. Looking for soldiers, 1-2 groups of them, so 5-10 people.

Retraining:
Magic Weapon->Divine Favor
Death Knell->Resist Energy
Summon II->Bull's Strength
Hold Person->Protection from Evil, Communal
Magic Vest->Dispel
Remove Disease->Blindness/Deafness
Lifesense revelation->Enhanced Cures
Leadership feat->Toughness

needed spells
4-Path of Glory, Greater
5-Cleanse
6-Dispel magic, greater
7-Resurrection
Dan
---------------------
Spell Retraining: (2 days/spell level)
lvl 1: Magic Weapon->Divine Favor = 2 days
lvl 2: Death Knell->Resist Energy = 4 days
lvl 2: Summon II->Bull's Strength = 4 days
lvl 2: Hold Person->Protection from Evil, Communal = 4 days
lvl 3: Magic Vest->Dispel = 6 days
lvl 3: Remove Disease->Blindness/Deafness = 6 days

Class Feature Retraining:
Lifesense revelation->Enhanced Cures = 5 days

Feat retraining:
Leadership feat->Toughness = 5 days.

Retraining days in total: 36 days

Able to add
5 - cleanse

Unable to add
4 - Path of Glory, Greater

6 - Dispel magic, greater

Day Math:

51 Days spent.

---------------------
We can handle the Skilled Work, concerns with the Lyre of Building, and the information provided by Brodert during session tomorrow. Please address the level 4 spell.
different 4th lvl spell: Healing warmth

as far as the lyre goes, just let me know what you need from me.

same for skilled stuff.

sorry this is so late.
Dan
That spell is only available to Ifrits, and thus not available for selection.

Regarding the rolls:

Please roll a d100 for percentile chance on the lyre being readily available.

Please roll two skilled work checks utilizing the skill you wish to use for the check, and what capital you are looking to generate.
-_-
Dismissal?

d100 => [56] = 56

d20 + 20 => [19] = 39 +1 (max add is 20, my heal s/b 21 or 22) generating 50/50 gold/influence, if possible, or just gold if not.
Dice Rolls => Results = Total
d100 => [56] = 56
d20 + 20 => [19] = 39