Spammer Invasion

Dang. Apparently the Forums have been invaded by spammers. I wonder if this is what was responsible for the lag the site was seeing a couple weeks ago. It is totally nuts. I mean.. what the heck do they hope to achieve with this nonsense.

Hopefully the Admin can do something about it.
The admin has been absent for a long time. I have since stopped using the site while hoping he works out whatever issues he has and returns to maintaining it or handing it off to a party that will. Loved the site when it was set up and maintained and have stuck by it till recently but I fear some day you will just get a 404 code and it will be done. Till then I will keep checking back periodically. Fingers crossed, miss what it was.
FWIW, while he never commented or gave an update, the admin did show up a week or so ago and fixed the lags and deleted most of the thousands of spam comments.
Well.. that's really awesome. Thanks for the update.
How did you find out?
A) There's not a lag anymore, B) literally thousands of posts from spammers have been deleted, and C) the dice-roll feature was disabled. Someone must have changed these things.
Die rolling is only available for subscribers... which you and I don't seem to be anymore.
OK, well that explains that. It must have expired for me.
I was afraid our site was going to stop working altogether so I contacted another member who had contacted the admin in the past. I told him what the issue was and it was fixed. I'm not sure exactly what he did. Maybe he banned the spammer and that deleted the messages.