Best game moment ever!

← Previous 1
What was the best moment you've ever had in a game? Was it ridiculously funny? Did you pull off something extraordinary? Was it the most seamless team work you've ever encountered? You know you want to tell us all about it.
What is better than rolling a natural 20 critical.

Two natural 20 criticals, what is better than that?

Rolling the double natural 20 criticals on revenge match against the half-dragon group leader that has plagued my character for many levels, what's better than that?

Having a magic item that allows me to auto-confirm criticals three times per day as a free action, what is better than that?

Only having 7 hit points left while doing it, what is better than that?

Tossing the natural 20 critical dice into the middle of the game table for all to see,
whats better than that?

Calling it the round before to the whole as we are going down in flames!

This is all true from our Saturday weekly Pathfinder game.

Regards
Despite mostly being a 3E D&D fan, one of our best moments was a CoC campaign where the players were able to draw out, and lure away the Priest of Ry'leh and working their way across the island, through the great doors, down the 7 flights of stairs... The players are quiet as I start describing the altar and the translator is telling them the incantation and the rite....

One of the players interrupts, "Uh, wait, we grabbed one of the sailors to bring with us."

"I don't think you did, you could go back up if you think you have enough time..." I smile.

I tell them the rite requires a sacrifice, but they know this already.

I don't know, the dawning realization on their faces has they saw what they got themselves into (and what they forgot) was priceless.
A game of Houses of the Blooded, a game of nobility, revenge, and blood. The brother of one of the characters is found murdered. He was slain in the shop of a wine merchant, who herself is soon found murdered... and pregnant. Pregnant with twins (which are cursed in the world of HotB). The twins of the character whose brother was murdered.

But of course, the real killer was not nearly as important as who could be BLAMED for the killings. Accusations flew back and forth. They blamed each other, their vassals, the sheriff, the merchant, each other again, their vassals again, and with each salvo of blame the intrigues grew darker, the twists and backstabbings more profound.

The dilletante and her husband discovered orks (the generic name for monsters in HotB) in the village! Horror! He who had been most accused used the battle to load up his wagon with stolen goods, and flee the city. He was immediately fingered for the crime of murder.

But that was not the crowning moment, oh no. The magnificent treachery was not the ultimate apex.

No, that was when the lady, she who had been the voice of sweet, calm reason throughout the happenings, went calmly to her meeting. Her meeting with the character whose brother had been murdered. And there she acknowledged that she had arranged for the murders... as they had agreed.

Cue evil laughter.
My favorite: AD&D, came upon a chapel full of orcs worshiping Grumush. There was a big statue of him up front. I was a fairly high level MU, so I polymorphed into a tiny bird, flew into the chapel unnoticed, and got behind the statue. Then I changed back, Altered Self so I looked like Grumush and cast Enlarge so I was huge and bingo their God came to life! Unfortunately then there was a large argument because one of the other players felt that a lawful good MU would not use spells in such a creative way.

Some other people's favorite: 3.5 Eberron playing a changeling Recaster - was stuck in a hostage situation with someone guarding the room. Used Still Spell recast ability to cast Improved Invisibility. Did the guard notice? No (Whew, that would have wrecked my plans). Then used Silent Spell recast ability to Polymorph into a 7 headed Hydra. The first attack dropped the guard, he never knew what hit him.

Most frustrating: 2nd ed Ad&D, I had a map that my sect gave me. We didn't know what the stuff on the map meant. An island had mysteriously turned up in the area and I was on the team to go and check it out. When I got to the island, there was a temple to my sect on the island. Oh Joy! Maybe someone there can tell me about the map. Got an audience, took out the map and as soon as they saw it, they snatched it up and threw it in the fire!!! There went my map (according to DM plans too, he knew me too well). Still smarts today.
Deadlands. A lowley novice nun, against the boss demon. She got the first action, attacked with 'Smite' and the dice exploooooded. (if you roll get the highest number on the dice, roll again and add that to the total. and again. and again. etc.)

The GM was silent for a bit, double checking the math more than a few times I think, and said "...you killed it... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST KILLED IT!"

The rest was epilogue. Game over.

I *almost* felt bad that no one else got to roll any dice, but kinda not really. It was spectacular.
That is epic, those are the moments we live, I mean game for!

Rebecca
Deadlands. A lowley novice nun, against the boss demon. She got the first action, attacked with 'Smite' and the dice exploooooded. (if you roll get the highest number on the dice, roll again and add that to the total. and again. and again. etc.)

The GM was silent for a bit, double checking the math more than a few times I think, and said "...you killed it... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST KILLED IT!"

The rest was epilogue. Game over.

I *almost* felt bad that no one else got to roll any dice, but kinda not really. It was spectacular.

Just started a new Werewolf game with a new GM.

First session, we had three of our five cubs shot in the leg. My Lupus sneaks off and manages her first change as she climbs a tree and tackles one of the shooters 30 feet to the ground. After numerous other events, we finally find water, but wait, there's something there. My Theurge backs away from the water, and holy God, there's a 30-foot gator charging out at us.

Our Short, albino Metis (has a fetish that keeps him in Homid) who is almost dead from being shot twice and then caught between two spiked boards, grabs a pointy stick and charges the gator to let us run. He goes through his first change, then is almost eaten. My Lupus Theurge comes to the rescue of the poor albino she grew up with, scores 6 successes on the hit, and 6 on the damage. Literally ate its face off.

So, we learned that my Theurge is a beast in physical combat.
Spellguard

We found a pillar surrounded by were-vermin. They poured a vial of blood on it and ran away. Defeating the blood-creature, the guy we were supposed to protect was unconcious and had to be brought back to the monastery. Arriving back, we completly forgot about the pillar.

I'm so glad this thread took off. ^^ I love hearing all your stories. Here's one of my favorites:
Steevotian, the flamingly gay, rather angry, halfling warrior. Oh the shenanigans! When he first encountered the party everyone was at (all together now) a tavern. He spots a half-orc across the room and stares,. He'd never seen a half-orc before. The half-orc got defensive thinking that Steevo was trying to flirt with him. The half-orc thought with his superior strength he could take Steevo out if need be. The half-orc started arguing with him and threw a punch, but because he was rather drunk missed entirely, slamming himself into a post. When he recovered he swung again, but Steevo was able to deflect the punch that did critical damage to ... the half-orc's face. The rest of the party had a good chuckle and teased that the hafling dragged the half-orc to the back room and had his way with him. The amusing thing was, after that the half-orc and Steevo were basically inseparable. Not because they were lovers but because the half-orc was played by my brother... which kinda makes the lover thing a bit uncomfortable now that I think about it.
← Previous 1