Alternate Names for Characters

← Previous 1 2 Next →
I'm certain that it had nothing to do with the browser. I suspect it was because comments were made.

For those of you who want details:
The content of journal entries is cached so I don't have to convert the BBCode you type out into HTML every time someone looks at the page. The problem is that if a character's name changes (or when characters join or leave the campaign), the HTML for journals needs to change as well. So, every time a character is updated, I clear journal caches. This leads to another problem. Characters change frequently for lots of reasons (Loot, XP change the character a bit). So, I only clear journal caches when a character's name changes.
This leads to the current issue. I now also need to clear the cache when a character's alternate name changes.
The reason this corrected itself is because adding a comment bumps up the comment count on journals. Any time anything on a journal post changes, it's cache is cleared.

So, long story short, it's a bug I know I how to fix. I hope to get it fixed by tomorrow.
You continue to rock and amazing with your code wizardry, it reminds me of the Techno Mages on Babylon 5.
← Previous 1 2 Next →