Gygax's Tavern and Mutton Grille

1 2 4 Next →
A troll, grumbling over his drink, a "Willl meatshield for food" sign around his neck, mumbles something to Fladnag, nothing coherent, but a toothless grimace says "Yagh"
Pointer-left Dreadlock_elf_girl_by_suzuko42_thumb
Eva
Dredlocks whip back and forth as Eva looks about for the slaver wretch she was starting something with. Damn, she thinks to herself, I've never heard of a half Orc/half Time Lord before...

Then whatever it is under the floorboards groans again. Nor a regular tavern like this with gurgly in-door plumbing...

"Hey, Barkeep," she calls, "What's with the noise? Some of us are trying to get pissed in peace and quiet!"
Fladnag says, "Yeah, something's up down there. I think we should take a look." He says to Eva and the troll, "Would the two of you be interested in investigating?"
Pointer-left Dreadlock_elf_girl_by_suzuko42_thumb
Eva
"What, you mean in the basement? With the tuns of wine and barrels of beer?

"Yeah, ok, I'm down with investigating."

Eva steps on and over the bar, slapping her floppy-brimmed hat on her head and grabbing her adventuring kit. "Gary, we've come to fix your cockroach problem. We'll discuss payment upon our confirmed survival. Oh," and she pulls a small handful of playing cards out from behind the jolly old man's ear, "And the fellas at the card table might want these back, too."

With that, she trots down the bar, grabbing a bottle of sweet gnomish spirits on her way past, towards the doors to the kitchen and, assumedly, the basement. "Come on, Pointy-Hat, my buzz is a-wastin'!"
Fladnag finishes packing his pipe while already heading toward the other room. He lights it with a bright spark from his left middle finger, puffs it a few times, then follows down after Eva.
"Hmm, many have tried few have come back," Gary responds looking down at the bar. "Not sure if its dat they get kilt or that the mutton kills them in the long run. Yer welcome to go if you would like..." Pouring a flagon he shakes his head and whispers...

"Hada feelin not ta build this place over a pit"

It grumbled and sank and complained, roaring with dozens of species out to get the players. It is setting and character alike.

(Continue in journal for more funness!)
1 2 4 Next →