Icon_swordpin The next big thing

Poll

317 answers so far...

• What feature do you want to see next?
    • Loot - Weight
      • BrotherPaulos fayteri deespell888 mclannok Stride Acid aerine jennanorm Rev DamonGriffin Halv5 NikosBlu Lhynard ChadAS FlamingNinja173 drgary1 the_ever_cynic Elliz 18 votes
    • Loot - Multiple currencies
      • nazimkaraca neofax Euberon dingolove zibbitz flearok f1arion derclarke TaoThorne Deverash lawngnome4hire 11 votes
    • Better mobile browser support
      • admin Lalato Frost Ktulu jasales alkathor Latmorril Jack99 Widget824 theothergretchen Greyson Lawjick b_v chaosbleeds Bayvek_dnd Neostrider TonyF1330 Mirasiel ItsMeYask AmbushXXVI babyj eugene Voxen RPGuru annabunches zarik Impulse Tevin_Moonbane Felan sidomar Yuzzum BuckBackup zerontikara Jefiet theblackpumpkin alagondar srjearth22002 jared112390 DailinNailo baronkev cmasters subrosas smithereen moon_wizard corinos cpttjk HiroTsukasa Ankou Sebas310 etklaus MisterAdam coastiemike UrsusMimas studmuffin58 Malak LarryBorpins okstate 57 votes
    • Games seeking players/Players seeking games
      • smiruz bloodymage tkd2019 Demiurge rbonner Kingpin mbeacom Bkwrm88 Kiwigm Dopey mr_roboto eros_wind ripcrd Gabrielhock cellis17 Overlord AVacc DM_James iON DooM mashcamo RinVindor fenix1989uk tacoscheap markeades1 TreeLicker Friar_Zer0 Taratajum jozbun Tassatir sidescroller99 Shirra_Whitefur Red_Faced_Warrior Valtyra KnightNin kshadow71 Sentsas 37 votes
    • Custom in-game calendars
      • zarffyn apoore1 dmwarmock Louis kmhudson jacobz_20 senia Nikosandros Mournblade94 JoeOutside Phloid Killian Crinita LordOnyx Vodoo bmcdaniel Kraft_mj Ranger Shoe Thag13 krogren CoryLehan MaxKaladin Kiban SunkenMind ptownsend1990 Raszul charliebell Wortnes Thane SpaceyCraig dirtyshamrock13 Spikeyboots Dremord catthu iddlebit DD_8630 Wrairi Linguz Erinwithans FortyFaced aquarianibis Ablefish 43 votes
    • Dynamic Character Sheets
      • gondolin1 UndeadDan Thr33 Ayradyss graylion scranford Nefiron morkalg GM_TUBBER DanB tburke0 imthedci LordNikon fozzie1410 Nhytewulf JonathanDBates Blackfoot nixxon scriptninja pfjake11 Kyobei Finn Ravenborn Clawstorm23 bondosan Mightyblue Dunelord3001 striker442 Ana Loge bookwyrm fiddlerjones reluctantcynic cobalt143 Blazeguard ilnira vann_meow Damocles greedyjujo GoSteelers BetaSprite lordkowl docplutonium lunaras Xorial Havok arris138 wolphen AthorAtlan Shotzu Amishacker ayronc guuthulhu shebaden Resolveisgreat CassidyB cydthemagi wallywampa PaoliMark Aladorn Gamemeister_nz Orko wyrmgear TechnoMook akira plothos shellstorm LaisAlvitos KanusBlackmoore Shifty-eyed Final_Instar Tarranium QuietMre Jentori oneliness thud DMGW Dyrewolff Rakuen bsobol1 Raynman hobgoblinLord Arayth fantell laughingnell Endante ponds555 Smittyman Casca972 crystalattice Ragerider w00t tron842 Liq KelavaM Moes1980 gunarbastos spoonymog Bedlam66 bsanderfer marijanestrolla Drommon Jimbo_McRackem skulltaker askmeaboutloom Kadaga adidancewest Force2Reckon FauxRizzle Chiefbloodhoof dmalexb miragellewyn PhilGamer MadDoc wramsay Gigglebottle Scarage Gin-German 118 votes
    • Tighter integration of Gaming Groups to Campaigns
      • vvildcard Squach aseixas abellius wulfram the-truthseeker Malgus DungeonMaster Dweyhell Lorne BretticusRex 11 votes
    • Daily email digests
      • daichiasuka Arithon32 aliasmask tehjburz Inanna 5 votes
Nazim
Admin
Not yet... sorry.
Not that I have any complaints here, but this is the real reason I didn't want character sheets, whether dynamic or not.

My guess is that it would have taken much less effort to implement something like alternative currencies, or loot weight, or daily email digests, and we might even have all those features and others before this gets done.

Again, in no way is this a complaint. The site is fantastic, and I am nothing but grateful for the hard work done here. But I'm not sure just crowdsourcing the priority list of features is the best way to go. It would be stupid NOT to listen to what the users want, but I'd balance that against the work necessary to implement their wishes.

I tend to agree. The site is very cool and I love running my game out of it -- and I understand the value of having sheets to cover the majority of games. Hell, I fully understand that some of the 'simple' requests can have their difficulties in implementation.

But even though I have the Ipad, images, and apps (go Hexmap!), my group doesn't. I know this might just be us, but I think they even prefer PnP for themselves. I'm not sure we'll get all that much traction out of Character sheets on here.
I for one fall in the opposite camp, for those of us that want to use the site more and eliminate other bolt-on methods for character sheets REALLY want the character sheets. For example I have about 3 -4 remote players that we weave into our games and this feature would be the icing on the cake or the complete package (until our next feature request :-)!

HeroLab - Great program, easy to use, requires that each player own a computer and pay for the base product (example Pathfinder), in addition if you want supplements you have to purchase those. Not a economical option for some of our players.

PDF's - Static, flat, must upload and link. Not easy to edit or change. There are methods but none of those are friendly for some players.

Some Website Character Sheet - Not integrated with EW and again these are afterthought or bolt-on options, one more step.

4E Wizards Character Builder - Its own site, download the datafile or export the PDF character sheet (same as above).

When I think D&D or any RPG game the 1st thing I think is cool! The second thing is lets build a character, which requires a character sheet. For me this is a primary building block of the game in paper, pdf, digital, ipad app, etc it a must have.

In this modern e-world with websites and companies providing ebooks and online options I think it makes good sense to keep pace with the trend as an option. For those who want paper no worries use paper.

Anyway I am still excited and can't wait for the feature.

Game on!
Of course -- and I want them for PbP to expand playing options myself, or hell, to get side mission stuff out of the way between sessions. For my players... these guys have their character sheets on top of their laptop keyboard while they play -- it's not how I roll, but I'm sure they're not alone out there. There not a feature up there I wouldn't want.

I think Nazim and my issue, and a small one really, is that Admin time is going into this involved player feature when 80%+ of the actual use on the site is by the GMs. And honestly, even if I wanted to convert people to using dynamic character sheets when they come out -- if it's not formatted for mobile use and they can't really use it on their phone, the tool is relegated to being a desktop program.
Pointer-left Clansnowraven_thumb
Bob
Huh... I feel that that whole line of reasoning is kind of silly. I mean, if we put off the features that are desired because they take more time than features that are not as desired, wouldn't we just end up with a bunch of really simple tools that no one wants to use?

Put that aside...

Sure, I feel that the GM uses this site more than players do... right now... But if we add more player friendly tools...

I have no idea what the long term goals of this site are, but you know what I want this to be? The facebook of gaming. Straight up. Profiles and friends and campaigns all linked together seamlessly, but without a lot of tools for both GM and player, that just wont happen. So I am more than happy to wait for a complex feature to arrive, there are plenty of ways to amuse myself on this site until DCS's get here.
Epic!
I'm not sure simplicity equates to silly. 350 Million users use their mobile devices to access facebook. I can nearly guarentee it's an easier task. If this is to be like facebook isn't "Games seeking players/Players seeking games" more appropriate still...
I think the beauty of this thread is if people become swayed they can change their vote. For example I originally voted for improved group features and function, but when Dynamic Character Sheets was added I switched in a heart beat. Also I think the amount of votes speak loudly ( almost 2 to 1 ).

Still an amazing site.

Regards
Epic!
Well, yeah. The player beast outnumbers the Monstrous GM at least 4:1!
Personally, I would rather they weigh the crowdsourcing to actual ability to create a revenue stream. Dynamic Character Sheets can do that whereas many of the others should be included as default. The more revenue, the more people they can hire equates to more features. Personally, half of my players would use it and the other half will not so for me it doesn't help much. I do agree with James though that the less sites I have to have open makes my DMing easier.
Monte Cook is out, BTW.... I think they really have most of the game together, but at the very least it's not good PR for the new product....

http://montecook.livejournal.com/251404.html
Wow I am a big supporter of Monte and said from the beginning that Monte would only put his signature on a project if he agrees. I have a lot of respect for him.

I will still explore D&D Next with all efforts, however this already starts a cloud of suspect. I have high hopes for the next edition.

Regards

Brendan
Monte Cook is out, BTW.... I think they really have most of the game together, but at the very least it's not good PR for the new product....

http://montecook.livejournal.com/251404.html