Icon_swordpin The next big thing

Poll

316 answers so far...

• What feature do you want to see next?
    • Loot - Weight
      • BrotherPaulos fayteri deespell888 mclannok Stride Acid aerine jennanorm Rev DamonGriffin Halv5 NikosBlu Lhynard ChadAS FlamingNinja173 drgary1 the_ever_cynic Elliz 18 votes
    • Loot - Multiple currencies
      • nazimkaraca neofax Euberon dingolove zibbitz flearok f1arion derclarke TaoThorne Deverash lawngnome4hire 11 votes
    • Better mobile browser support
      • admin Lalato Frost Ktulu jasales alkathor Latmorril Jack99 Widget824 theothergretchen Greyson Lawjick b_v chaosbleeds Bayvek_dnd Neostrider TonyF1330 Mirasiel ItsMeYask AmbushXXVI babyj eugene Voxen RPGuru annabunches zarik Impulse Tevin_Moonbane Felan sidomar Yuzzum BuckBackup zerontikara Jefiet theblackpumpkin alagondar srjearth22002 jared112390 DailinNailo baronkev cmasters subrosas smithereen moon_wizard corinos cpttjk HiroTsukasa Ankou Sebas310 etklaus MisterAdam coastiemike UrsusMimas studmuffin58 Malak LarryBorpins okstate 57 votes
    • Games seeking players/Players seeking games
      • smiruz bloodymage tkd2019 Demiurge rbonner Kingpin mbeacom Bkwrm88 Kiwigm Dopey mr_roboto eros_wind ripcrd Gabrielhock cellis17 Overlord AVacc DM_James iON DooM mashcamo RinVindor fenix1989uk tacoscheap markeades1 TreeLicker Friar_Zer0 Taratajum jozbun Tassatir sidescroller99 Shirra_Whitefur Red_Faced_Warrior Valtyra KnightNin kshadow71 Sentsas 37 votes
    • Custom in-game calendars
      • zarffyn apoore1 dmwarmock Louis kmhudson jacobz_20 senia Nikosandros Mournblade94 JoeOutside Phloid Killian Crinita LordOnyx Vodoo bmcdaniel Kraft_mj Ranger Shoe hollishale Thag13 krogren CoryLehan MaxKaladin Kiban SunkenMind ptownsend1990 Raszul charliebell Wortnes Thane SpaceyCraig dirtyshamrock13 Spikeyboots Dremord catthu iddlebit DD_8630 Wrairi Linguz Erinwithans FortyFaced aquarianibis Ablefish 44 votes
    • Dynamic Character Sheets
      • gondolin1 UndeadDan Thr33 Ayradyss graylion scranford Nefiron morkalg GM_TUBBER DanB tburke0 imthedci LordNikon fozzie1410 Nhytewulf JonathanDBates Blackfoot nixxon scriptninja pfjake11 Kyobei Finn Ravenborn Clawstorm23 bondosan Mightyblue Dunelord3001 striker442 Ana Loge bookwyrm fiddlerjones reluctantcynic cobalt143 Blazeguard ilnira vann_meow Damocles greedyjujo GoSteelers BetaSprite lordkowl docplutonium lunaras Xorial Havok arris138 wolphen AthorAtlan Shotzu Amishacker ayronc guuthulhu shebaden Resolveisgreat CassidyB cydthemagi wallywampa PaoliMark Aladorn Gamemeister_nz Orko wyrmgear TechnoMook akira plothos shellstorm LaisAlvitos KanusBlackmoore Shifty-eyed Final_Instar Tarranium QuietMre Jentori oneliness thud DMGW Dyrewolff Rakuen bsobol1 Raynman hobgoblinLord Arayth fantell laughingnell Endante ponds555 Smittyman Casca972 crystalattice Ragerider w00t tron842 Liq KelavaM Moes1980 gunarbastos spoonymog Bedlam66 bsanderfer marijanestrolla Drommon Jimbo_McRackem skulltaker askmeaboutloom Kadaga adidancewest Force2Reckon FauxRizzle Chiefbloodhoof dmalexb miragellewyn PhilGamer MadDoc wramsay Gigglebottle Scarage Gin-German 118 votes
    • Tighter integration of Gaming Groups to Campaigns
      • vvildcard Squach aseixas abellius wulfram the-truthseeker Malgus DungeonMaster Dweyhell Lorne BretticusRex 11 votes
    • Daily email digests
      • daichiasuka Arithon32 aliasmask tehjburz Inanna 5 votes
I might start looking into third party formatting tools that would hopefully make editing things easier.
Loot can certainly use improvements. This is precisely the sort of usability feedback I need! Thanks for the suggestions!
Pointer-left 1094917_thumb
Sam
Oh... is the multiple currency option to cover truly different currencies like American money vs. Japanese money? Or is to cover different denominations within the same currency?

I'm not sure how one would handle truly different currencies. However, if we're talking about multiple denominations of a single currency, then I think that's probably doable.

Start with your lowest denomination and work your way up. Let's use the current version of D&D for ease of explaining.

On a separate tab of the Loot section, you would define the denominations as follows. Only one denomination can be the default.

Three columns...
Amount, Denomination, Default

Sample data...
1, Copper, N
10, Silver, N
100, Gold, Y
1000, Platinum, N
100000, Unobtainium, N

On the Loot page, your cash will roll up into your default denomination the way it currently does. However, you'll be able to click on the word "Cash" and the details will be revealed. Each of your denominations can have a value depending on if you specified a value for that denomination when entering cash.

When you go to enter cash, you choose the denomination from a dropdown. Your default denomination will be the first thing you see. After choosing the denomination, you enter the amount and choose the person or party it belongs to.

For quick entry, you can enter decimals. When decimals are entered, the loot page will automatically convert the appropriate amounts into the appropriate denominations. For example, if my default denomination is gold and I enter 10.15, it will enter 10 gold, 1 silver, 5 copper. If I want it to be 10 gold and 15 copper, I would need to enter the 10 and 15 separately.

Anyway, just a rough idea for denominations. If we're talking separate currencies entirely, then you could build on this to make multiple currencies, but it would definitely be a bit tough.
Excellent question. I was thinking it would be the latter (different denominations of the same currency)
I haven't spent too much time working out the implementation, but it will be something like how you described it. The only difference, I think would be that everything would need to be shifted so that the default denomination is always valued at 1:
AmmountDenominationDefault
0.01CopperN
0.1SilverN
1GoldY
10PlatinumN
1000UnobtainiumN
The reason for this would be so that loot wouldn't need to be updated. Currently, loot stores values in the default denomination. However, I could see that loot might need to store the denomination in addition to the value which would add flexibility in defining a denomination. There are other factors as well (e.g. sharing loot between campaigns, settings or rules as well as sharing denominations between the same).
Epic!
It might be neat to separate View and Post/Edit in specific campaign forums. I'd be happy to keep my campaigns' forums readable by the general Epic populace, but I'd certainly not want to open my campaign forums to anybody for posting/spamming. It'd also be a great way to let people take a look at your campaign if you're recruiting, without having to risk craziness from the viewer by permissioning him as a player.
Loren
It might be neat to separate View and Post/Edit in specific campaign forums. I'd be happy to keep my campaigns' forums readable by the general Epic populace, but I'd certainly not want to open my campaign forums to anybody for posting/spamming. It'd also be a great way to let people take a look at your campaign if you're recruiting, without having to risk craziness from the viewer by permissioning him as a player.

That's funny you should mention that. I have actually laid a lot of ground work in order to support this exact functionality. There's still a bit of work left, but I was waiting until someone asked.
Admin
Loren
It'd also be a great way to let people take a look at your campaign if you're recruiting, without having to risk craziness from the viewer by permissioning him as a player.

That's funny you should mention that. I have actually laid a lot of ground work in order to support this exact functionality. There's still a bit of work left, but I was waiting until someone asked.
Is there no setting at the moment such that forum posts can be visible to others (ie - to those who aren't members of the campaign)?
I think direct links work for people not logged in. I did that in my dashboard to have it point to wiki entries. But I haven't tested it with forum posts or threads.
You can make them visible to the public. I am working on also controlling who can post to/edit the threads. I believe that only players/gms can post to a campaign forum, even if it's visible to the public. Unfortunately, I feel that the permissions tab on campaigns' edit page doesn't make that obvious.
Indeed, that is not obvious from the options list. :)

Right now, you can split it up in the Journal (You can set "read" to "everyone" but keep editing rights restricted to actual campaign participants). I'd just like to see that functionality extended to the campaign forums--or expressed clearly if it's already there.
Admin
Unfortunately, I feel that the permissions tab on campaigns' edit page doesn't make that obvious.

:D Yea..I mean I saw it, but pretty soon you are going to need one heck of a documentation for this site. :x