Using IMG tag inside a reference tag

The biggest problem I have currently with the reference portion of the site is that I cannot encapsulate a reference with a IMG tag. I can with a WIKI link. What I am looking for is something like { {John Jacobjinglehimerschmidt|IMG|http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/5684|/IMG|} }. Then the site displays the image but when I click the image it takes me to either the NPC entry or PC entry. Currently I get around this by double entry of data(which is a error nightmare!) by having the character/npc info in the WIKI and in the reference area.

Also, why is it that NPC references are allowed a image and PC references are not?
Interesting! I (obviously) hadn't considered this use case. I'll see what I can do about it.
PCs work differently because there is no { {}} method of calling out links to them. It's only done automatically. I'll also have to think about get that to work.
I would be more than willing. I love this site as if not for it, I would not be able to manage three campaigns.
Has this been implemented yet? I am waiting diligently for this to happen.
Not yet
Any progress on this? Sorry if I am a pain, but love the site and the work that you have done.
Any progress?