OOC CII

← Previous 1 3 4
Alright, everyone. It looks like the pieces are coming together. I'm going to start getting the next adventure ready. I'm also converting much of the Player's Guide into the wiki (mostly the References section, probably) so you have easy access to all the info in there. Much of the world info will relate to your investigations, so it's definitely worth your time to get to know the world of Zeitgeist.

Your current assignment is this:

Look through the Flint neighborhoods and pick two of them as locations in which your character has a contact. This contact could be a friend or family member, a criminal informant, an ex-lover, a merchant whose shop you frequents, a minor noble who owes the you favor, a religious figure, or whatever else strikes your fancy. Also, while you're in there, pick one of the neighborhoods to be your home.

Once we've got a set of homes and contacts, we can turn this game into a foot... or something.
Pointer-left Katportrait_thumb
Kat
Should we make an attempt to each be connected to different districts, or would overlap not matter?
Overlap is fine. IF you want to think about it strategically, you would probably want to have at least one contact connected to the group in each district.

BUT, there could be an advantage in having multiple contacts in a district if it becomes important. That would undoubtedly leave a lack of coverage elsewhere, though, so you'd be gambling on which districts will be important in this adventure. It might pay off in future adventures. (or it might not... don't have any adventures past this one)
Anyone else notice the "Permalink" at the bottom left of these posts... handy, I should think.
Epic!
d20 => [20] = 20
Dice Rolls => Results = Total
d20 => [20] = 20
Sonofa...
Epic!
Kat
Cazara's gonna grab up the Ayres and The Cloudwood, if there are no objections. :3
Mike just asked me, and I thought I'd share with the rest of the group:

Feel free to either make your contacts up completely (with names and as much detail as you want to put in) or make use of the many names dropped throughout the player's guide (short of using anyone I've made an NPC wiki for)
big wiki update on the clergy. not that they're up to anything... ;)
Epic!
Malkie will snap up Bosum Strand Parity Lake and North Shore.

Bosum Strand's a given, being the hotbed of docker activity, but she's particularly chummy with an event organizer named Jeremiah.

Changed my mind. She has a connection in Parity Lake. Malkie has some popularity with the unionization movement, thanks to her ability to work a crowd. She's developed a working relationship with Jeremiah, an associate of Thames Grimsley, although she and Grimsley have never personally met.

(Decided that Malkie is not particularly well liked by the other artists around Bosum Strand--partly due to artistic rivalry, partly due to the fact that she's never worked the docks a day in her life. While she can streetwise her way through docker society, no one in Bosum is going to stick their neck out to make her look better.)

Her North Shore connection is one of her blood dolls, a young woman named Ingrid. She's the daughter of a rich family who likes to slum it with the "real artists and low people" over in Bosum Strand, and who developed an addiction to being fed from. (She'd be Malkie's kindred spirit, if Malkie didn't find her insufferably vapid.)
Also, her sketchwork is terrible. And dear, must you bathe in that wretched leaf of Nicodemus? Your throat reminds one of licking the inside of a pipe.
Epic!
Quick question: does vulnerability simply stack with resistance? e.g. if someone has resist 5 Fire, but vulnerable 2 All, is that a net resist 3 Fire?

Thinking of retraining Word of Binding for Word of Diminishment, especially with all these strikers about.
Yep. That's exactly how it works.
Thanks. Actually, not going to retrain it: even though I have yet to use Word of Binding, my thought is that Word of Shielding is hard to beat as an At-will and that Word of Binding will be perfect in certain situations... usually I don't like having an at-will get left out most of the time, but this is an exception, I think.

Might retrain Executioner's Call for Flames of Purity, which clears a room and has a bit of bonus healing. Hal could use some room-clearing ability.
It is official: retrained Executioner's Call for Flames of Purity, which is a nice close burst 3 minion killer with a little (surgeless) group healing to go along with it. Since this group is incredibly fragile, seemed like the way to go.

It also works brilliantly with Rune of Endless Fire (essentially then healing 7 (surgeless!) to allies within 3). Given our overall low hitpoint totals, that's pretty great.

Hal also took the Skill Power that allows him to grant everyone 13 thp once/day (so that'll be 17 thp with Rune of Endless Fire!); it's one of my perennial favorites, but in this group, 13 thp for everyone is a massive bonus.
Just looking at Cazara - good god, Monks are neat. Full discipline stuff is just nifty, and Centered Flurry of Blows, and all the incredible movement... so cool.

So, we now have 3 PHB3 characters, a vampire, and a gun-toting grandma. Frankly, I'm all for it :)
Epic!
Durakh-al takes the Nettles, where he quite obviously lives, and Pine Island. More on this later, but in the past, he was a stonemason, building bridges, and both these places have bridges: there you have it.
Erin
Her North Shore connection is one of her blood dolls, a young woman named Ingrid. She's the daughter of a rich family who likes to slum it with the "real artists and low people" over in Bosum Strand, and who developed an addiction to being fed from. (She'd be Malkie's kindred spirit, if Malkie didn't find her insufferably vapid.)

If she's more likely to be found in Bosum Strand, because that's where she chooses to spend her time, I would rather count her as a Bosum Strand contact. Sounds like she just goes home to sleep in North Shore but lives her life in the Strand.
also:

note that the forums now have 50 posts per page, instead of 10. One of the admins showed me where the setting was. If that's too many or too few for you, whine here and I might change my mind...
Epic!
Kat
Scott
Erin

If she's more likely to be found in Bosum Strand, because that's where she chooses to spend her time, I would rather count her as a Bosum Strand contact. Sounds like she just goes home to sleep in North Shore but lives her life in the Strand.

See, I would actually have read that more like "She wants to be part of Bosum Strand, but she's really not part of the culture there. She hears and can find out more things from her parents and North Shore people than she does from the locals in the Bosum." Like, seems that Malkie's the only one she actually hangs out with often "downtown" because Malkie had ulterior motives for befriending her.
Kat
See, I would actually have read that more like "She wants to be part of Bosum Strand, but she's really not part of the culture there. She hears and can find out more things from her parents and North Shore people than she does from the locals in the Bosum." Like, seems that Malkie's the only one she actually hangs out with often "downtown" because Malkie had ulterior motives for befriending her.

I guess that makes sense. Okay, we'll count her as a North Shore contact, who you just happen to always find ordering martinis at some whiskey bar in the strand.
Scott
also:

note that the forums now have 50 posts per page, instead of 10. One of the admins showed me where the setting was. If that's too many or too few for you, whine here and I might change my mind...

Please let me know how too, for the Blue Tigers game.
Also... I figured out how to get the Background in CB: just missed it the first time round: it would be nice if they got Zeitgeist in there, for themes and whatnot.
If you go to "Edit," it's the very last entry on the Basic Settings tab. I missed it twice because it's just an extra line right before the Save Changes button.
Epic!
alright... everyone's in but Blake on the neighborhood contacts thing. that's enough for me to get started while I have momentum. :)
Epic!
OK, just a quick tip, everyone: iPlay4e does not seem to keep track of many racial or class feats, so you might want to have a look and put some things in your "notes" field. For example, I can find none of these things referenced for Durakh-al in the iPlay4e sheet:

Powerful Athlete Goliath Racial Feature
Benefit: When making an athletics check to climb or jump, roll twice and take either number.

Runic Artistry: Wrathful Hammer     Runepriest Feature 
Benefit: You gain proficiency with military hammers and maces. You gain a damage bonus equal to your Con modifier [+3] against any enemy that hits you until the end of your next turn. 

Rune Master Runepriest Feature
Benefit: Choose your Rune State when choosing to use a power with the Runic keyword. Your Rune State lasts until you change it or until the end of the encounter.

Rune of Destruction Runepriest Feature
Benefit: When you are in this Rune State, allies gain a +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to you.

Rune of Protection Runepriest Feature
Benefit: When you are in this Rune State, allies gain resist 2/all while adjacent to you.

These are all "there," if I click on the race or class links and login to ddi, but I'm usually not thinking "I need to click on the race link for Durakh-al to find his specific rules for climbing and jumping." If I thought that, I'd have already remembered the rule ;)
Also, I'm starting to fall in love with these characters and this campaign: looking forward to Mike's new one.
Epic!
I was about to suggest that you put that info in your notes fields, but I see you've beaten me to it.

Also note: the Golden Icon of Urim has gone inert since leaving Axis Island. It currently does nothing but look shiny.
I thought so - I'll make a note of it.
Scott,

I put Finneaus up on CB, but I have a question... Where is his bonus At-will for being human? The thing won't let me put in the power anywhere: is this a bug? (good god, that is a bug).

Anyway, have a look for yourself--he should have an extra power.
NM - I finally found it after much tinkering :)
Erin, lemme know when you wanna go in BloodBowl - most of my guys died vs. Tony so you are in for an easy win! :)
FYI: I will be doing knowledge rolls as private messages when appropriate, as well as rolling them myself, to maintain the chance for bad info.
Epic × 2!
Sooo... this is cool.. wish this were my house... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=njr3aFpTMyQ
Epic!
An interesting and unforeseen development:

As we've been going through the beginnings of this adventure, there are a lot of opportunities for follow-up skill checks. At a normal table, I would ask the person to roll those, and I think I got in the habit of doing the same in Wave. Now, thanks to the forum-based pressure to actually provide something of consequence when I post, I've been making those rolls myself when they're called for... like Cazara's "Perception" check automagically triggered a Heal check to analyze the wounds, followed by an Arcana check to figure out the head wound.

I like that I can just chain those up for you, and I've got the iplay4e sheets to just open and click and get a result, which makes for a fairly seamless segue into: "this is what you think you've found." lots of fun for me, honestly.
Epic!
Kat
I like that, too. It feels more organic to me than the irritating "skill spam" method that tends to happen.
Makes perfect sense. Should we always trigger the first check in the chain, or will you be doing that automatically as well?
Thinking Object Ritual needs a different acronym or something.. lol... or not.
Epic!
i'm going to make something for lol
Michael
Makes perfect sense. Should we always trigger the first check in the chain, or will you be doing that automatically as well?

I'll generally wait for you to trigger the start of it, unless it's something I think your character would just pick up on automatically.
I have made a wiki entry for Collected Evidence. I encourage you to keep it up to date so it's easier to figure out what's going on.
Epic!
So, I'm liking the new gal already - at level 4, Durakh-al is likely taking "World Serpent's Grasp," which knocks prone anyone he hits who is slowed or immobilized... yay controller/leader synergy!
Indeed. I was intrigued by playing a weaponless, armorless character. Especially with the de-emphasis on combat. =)
I miss Wave for timing purposes.
Right? Holy fuck this shit is tedious. THere is a shit ton to like here but the linearality of it is maddening. My programmer friend just got open source Wave working for me... I'll let you know if it's worth thinking about... I hate having to make trade offs when there was a perfect tool already there. FFS.
Epic × 2!
Do wiki edits get tracked in any way..? I made a minor edit a few minutes ago - did that trigger anything for you guys..?
Kat
Christian
Do wiki edits get tracked in any way..? I made a minor edit a few minutes ago - did that trigger anything for you guys..?

I can see if I go to the "Old Dorks Zeitgeist" link under "My Campaigns"
What would be nice is running the game in the wiki and using the forum for dice rolls, but you'd have to re-read every word every time you logged on.... stupid crap. I hate Google. I'm selling all my shares today.
There are many things that this does better than the Wave - the OOC isn't one of them, but that's about it (that and the occasional narrative insert). Organizationally, this is much better (autolinking; wiki; tabs; proper search).

I know this doesn't help you, since you liked the OOC-hangout, but I like this too.
We could easily (I think) get some of the syncronous aspect of the Wave back by starting some chat account - there are several that even save your sessions - and linking the account through here - if you're online on Epic Words, just link to the chat and... chat.
← Previous 1 3 4